• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

003A low AC voltage.

Hello and how is everyone doing. Hope everone had a safe and happy thanksgiving. So, I finally got around to taking the engine off the 112 and put it on the 003 today. This 003 has been sitting for some time, and the engine that it came with was siezed. I picked up the 112 unit last spring and didn't do anything untill now. Well, pieriodically started the 112 up just to keep the engine okay.
So I started the 003 up brought the rpm up untill I had 60 hz on the frequency meter. I checked the voltage across the main connection lugs and was getting about 100 volts on L1 and L3. At this point I shut the machine off and turned the selector switch for the voltage configuration a few times. Thinking maybe the contacts could be dirty from sitting. Started the unit back up holding 60 HZ but still low voltage.
Since the sun was setting I cleaned up and came in the house to check the TM's for low voltage troubleshooting. perhaps the diodes on the head? AC vr may be bad? any input would be appreciated, Thanks, metalworker393

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you try to adjust it with the voltage adjustment knob on the control panel? Is the knob even there or hooked up? I believe if it is not hooked up, or wired improperly you'll be at the low end of the range of the VR which could be around 100 volts.

Hello and thanks for the reply, Didn't go that far last night as it was starting to get dark and I had a bit of a mess in the driveway to clean up. Sucks not having a garage to work in but it is what it is. If the voltage rheostate is malfunctioning how do you test it. Was looking for that last night in the TM didn't see it. Thanks metalworker393

storeman

Turn it to the right and voltage should increase, whether running 120 or 240 volts. If no response, check to ensure it is wired and screws tight.
Jerry

okay, I changed out the voltage rheostat to see if that made a diffrence. I'm getting about 116 volts on each leg in the 240v configuration with the rheostat turned all the way to the right. Looking through the tm would R15 be out of adjustment no. 1, and no 2 I'm looking for R15 and not sure if this is it. That would be item 20 on drawing 6-10 from 585-34 manual or item 1 figure 13 of the 24P manual. Thanks metalworker393

Robbied46

R15 is located at the bottom of the vr in the control cubical. It should be marked on the board. It also has an adjustment screw in the side of it. Someone with more experience will have to tell you if that could be your problem. Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks