• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

09 spare tire carrier

cameron8757

april 2 960.jpgapril 2 961.jpgapril 2 962.jpg
I decided to build a spare tire carier and bumper. Still have a few things to finish like adding a reciever tube in the bumper, adding some reinforcing plates and making a latch.

zackadams10

Nice, How did you plan on doing the latch? I plan on building a tire carrier in the same fashion and the idea I had was to cut a hole in the bumper and a hole in the carrier and just using a bolt with a hairpin to keep it in place... might give you some ideas on your build...

cameron8757

001.jpg003.jpghad a few min to work on it tonight here is what I came up with for a latch. I also have a secondary latch and stop to keep it from swinging around and hitting the side of the truck.

cameron8757

014.jpgWell an hour here and their I finally got the bumper finished, painted and installed. I just need to figure out what I am doing with the license plate and paint the carrier and it will be done.