• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1-10kw Prius mobile genset

Adamlee

Well, definitely NOT military, but quite a novel way to power your house if you own a Prius already. And from personal experience - these critters are the quietest motors you'll never hear, when they actually are on! Praise be the Atkinson Cycle....

http://priups.com/exec-summary.htm

There's a lot of chatter these days about using hybrids as alternative sources of electrical supply. Put on your swimwear and surf the net for awhile...sorta interesting. I like that it puts the Prius into an even more "practical" category.

Remember, YMMV!!

Adam

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Hummmm.......remove front winch, install PTO powered Windco Genny,
power house with multi-fuel engine in deuce burning WVO, WMO, cheap gasoline or anything else that will burn.:idea:
Watch enviromental weenies stroke out.:p

Adamlee

that's an interesting, yet not quite similar approach......I just like the "soundless" operation...guess I was thinking "quiet=good".....then again, I am one of those who wears headphones when I drive my deuce.

again, YMMV!

Hummmm.......remove front winch, install PTO powered Windco Genny,
power house with multi-fuel engine in deuce burning WVO, WMO, cheap gasoline or anything else that will burn.:idea:
Watch enviromental weenies stroke out.:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks