• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1.2 cst Injector Pumps and turbo

welpro222

I have purchased a Injector pump recently that I intent to install on my 6.2 with a bank turbo kit. It is the DB2829-4523 23500415 1986-89 HMMWV (Military) - 1.2 cSt C/K.

My question is because this is a (artic Pump) rated for thin fuels, will the pumps timing be different if using regular diesel? Also how much should I turn up the fuel rate for my turbo? 1/8 or 1/4 turn. I was thinking 1/8 turn would be a good place to start, but I would like to hear from people who have installed the Banks turbo kit.

evldoer

I cant say for sure about the functionality of the cold weather pump but I'm thinking that it will be fine running the regular blend fuel through it. I doubt the timing would be any different though.
I have a banks sidewinder on my truck and I turned it up a quarter turn, just like the tech sheet states. I'd be cocerned with running it to lean if you only go an 1/8 of a turn.

welpro222

I was thinking that too, but everywhere I have read says you cannot run a diesel too lean. Here is a quote from the banks install instructions:

It is important to realize that diesels, unlike gasoline
engines, run cooler with additional air. It is impossible
to run a diesel too “lean.” Exhaust gas temperature
rises as more fuel is added.

welpro222

Its a 50/50 I guess? Run it 1/8 turn and it will be fine or I may need to turn it up, Run it at 1/4 turn and it will be fine or I may need to turn it down if exhaust temps are too high.

Chaski

So, you need a 1-2" micrometer, compressed air and some tools to accurately measure the roller to roller dimension of the pump. That is the only way to know what the max fuel is set at. Honestly I'd just slap it on and try running it the way it is. The artic pump is only different in that the transfer pump is made with materials that will withstand alternate fuels. Only other suggestion is to buy a brand new quality t-handle long Allen key to use for max fuel adjustment. It actually takes a fair amount of force to turn the screw on the rotor, and you really don't want to contaminate it or damage it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks