• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1/4 ton trailer

big block 88

So I just stumbled across a 1/4 ton trailer from the old Willy's days. My question is how rare are these things? I was planning on making it my welding trailer to haul my welders and leads and bottles, seeing as it is missing the sides. But if there is a big demand for these should I just try and find it a new home for someone who wants to restore it?

The trailer is complete and on a pallet tires never been on the grond lights still in boxes sealed up. It is just missing the sides. I know it would make a killer welding rig I just don't want to mess somthing up if it is needed by another collector.

big block 88

Post a picture

I could be the generator trailer that was a flatbed

I will post a picture when I pick it up. I'm gonna go get it monday, maybe tomorrow but we will see I've been pretty busy lately. It's just sitting there for god knows how long and dad thinks it has never been used, it has been saved from the scrap bin. I'm gonna go bolt the tires and wheels on air them up and pull her home (assumeing dry rot hasn't killed the tires)

papercu

I'm gonna go bolt the tires and wheels on air them up and pull her home
If it is a military trailer on a pallet I would keep it just like that till I found out what it is worth.
Wayne

Last edited:

big block 88

If it is a military trailer on a pallet I would keep it just like that till I found out what it is worth. Wayne

Roger that, I would bet it's really not that heavy, so i could just throw it in my bed a recon. I will talk to my pops when he gets off work and see if he wants to swing out and grab the trailer in the morning.

quickfarms

Personally

I would not try to tow it

Some potential issues are tires, wheel bearings, registration, lights etc

I would put it on or in a larger trailer or just have AAA move it for you.

paulfarber

When you say Willys do you mean MBT or M100 or what?

I know of no WWII 1/4ton trailer that was a generator, the Ben Hur 1 ton trailer DID have a dedicated generator model... and THAT would be worth a pretty penny. Lots of PE-95s looking for a home.

If its not a WWII model then I have no idea... but I have seen M100's go for some crazy prices.

big block 88

All I know is the trailer is longer than a standard Willy's cargo trailer. And it is just a skeleton no floor no sides just a beefy frame. It has 600 series tires on split rings. Dad had a buddy assemble it, just to make sure it did not get thrown away. So we will grab it asap and check into it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks