• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1/4 trailer ID

sermis

I am trying to ID this trailer. I am thinkingBantam or Willys MBT. I can't find an ID plate.
It has a top that is convertible to a camper trailer with cover.
The top is removable and rests in the stake pockets of the trailer.
I would say the trailer in pretty good shape for it's age.
I would like to convert it back to a lunette ring if somebody has one.

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are the stake pockets welded to the inside of the trailer? If so, either bubba did it, or it was a Bantam civy produced trailer.. Looks like Bubba did some of his own mods with the springs and the like..

Go to this site, about 1/3 of the way down to the FOCUS ON TRAILERS... That has all the ID info you will need. http://www.jeepdraw.com/

LanceRobson

Looks like a post WWII Bantam.

Some of the give-aways are the gussets at the rear corners, 3 tie down loops on each side (as opposed to 4) etc.

A Google search of "Batam trailer" and a scan of the post war info should give you more info than you need.

Lance

EDIT: MY 1946 Bantam has three tie downs per side, lifting handles at all 4 corners, the gussets with civy lights, a ball hitch and stake pockets. The ball hitch seems to be "after market"

Last edited:

patch

Sure looks like a post war Bantam, probably a T3-C but I'm no expert so just a guess.... however I think LanceRobson nailed it. g503.com is the place for info on the 1/4 ton trucks, there is a forum on that site for 1/4 ton trailers. Post it there and you're sure to get a more definitive answer from the jeep experts.

ida34

I would say civy. I think the civy trailers had a tailgate like that one. Does it look like bubba made the back into a tailgate or does it look like it was made? I may be wrong but it stuck in my head that some civy trailers had tailgates instead of the rear bulkhead.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks