• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1/4 turn top snaps

MilitaryPickers

Hey guys just picked up the rest of my hardware for the top like the bed rails with snaps and bow brackets. THe problem is someone replaced the broken 1/4 turn snaps that were mounted on the bed rails, for bolts with a washer.
Where would I be able to find those quarter turn snaps?

Aswayze

I had to rummage around on Ebay looking to get mine since all I could find locally or elsewhere on the internet were chrome ones. They also go by "common sense" fasteners.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...+fastener&_nkw=common+sense+fastener&_sacat=0

Will get you searching. Looks like there are some black finish ones up now so you should be good to go. I used the ones with a hole on each side to replace the ones on the M880 and just riveted them on since I was getting tired of the little screw on ones breaking off. (screw on part is strong, the rest of the fastener is just sort of crimped onto is which was failing) The replacements have held up well and I have yet to lose one.

xenocath

searching.............
you can get those fasteners straight from the factory, think I paid 60 bucks for 100 of the two hole double height model in govt black. scoville fasteners I think was the company name. I have quite a few left over if anyone needs them.

Last edited:

edpdx

Ace hardware by my house had them. Xenocath, like me, bough a bunch from the factory.. Check ACE first. There are various mounting options: Rivet type- need special tool, screw-in- self-threading, and screw-in- machine type. I bought mine from Scolille. Here is a picture of what I have. How many do you need?
fast89.jpg