• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1.5 kw Gen Set

m139h2otruck

Anyone have any experience with the 1.5 kw AC sets? Got the new unit, a little beat, but it did run but no power on any of the terminals. The VR is OK, as I switched it out with the DC unit and it worked fine. Someone installed a single pole switch on the terminal on/off switch and wired all the connections together. Have replaced this but not yet run the unit due to also fixing some oil issues. An ohm test on the fields show the correct figures for the 6 (3 pairs) of wires per the manual. Anything else to look for? Thanks

deuceman51

I have two of these units. Does your unit have the wiring diagram on the inside lid? That will give you a map of where all the wires are supposed to go if someone decided to play electrician and rewire stuff in there like you said. I will try to get a pic to you this weekend on my unit and what it looks like inside if that helps out.

m139h2otruck

Yes, the wiring is shown on the inside cover, and this is partly how, along with Ace's famous manuals, I found that the on/off switch was wrong. Need to also check the other units under the cover, that have to do with the cycles.

m139h2otruck

Got the 1.5 kw gen set back together last Sunday and it seems to work fine. The engine has been severely mistreated, but it runs and starts OK. Found a 3/8" nut and a brass pipe to flare adapter in the crankcase when I took the gov. out to regasket it! Vibrates more than I like, but someone in the past broke off one fin from the flywheel so that may have something to do with it. Will run a big Sear's shop vac, 500 watt spot light and 5" grinder all at the same time with no issues, so I guess the gen set side is fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks