• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1.5 kw genset adjustment

Jeffd

i'm in Ottawa Ontario. I was able to get the 1985 pull and pray started tonight. Due to it being im my basement (lack of a heated outdoor shop) i only ran it for a few mins. I noticed the short time it was running that the throttle\governor lever did nothing. Maybe i didn't connect the linkage right or where the govenor rod comes up and into the round housing on the left side of the carb. not sure if the needle adjustments are way off causing this but i dont think so. Saturday i will bring it outside and see if i can figure out why the throttle lever is not doing anything. I definitely need to get some kind of a fuel filter\strainer in the fuel line. If parts were avail here i would probably buy for parts and spares
fuel pump, new point & coil sets, fuel filter\strainer,2 new plugs,airfilter,carb bowl gaskets. I really like these small light gensets. I would buy another :) I have a 3kw that isnt running also. Pretty sure its fuel related. Fuel pump i think. Nice to have 24v starter on that guy. I have a spare starter, carb (the one thats now on the 1.5kw) with the 3kw. I really should put the effort into the 3kw i suppose. Maybe this spring i'll have a look at it and check for gas, spark etc.

Jeff

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love my little 3 KW. Fuel pumps do seem to be an issue. I cranked mine up Wed for the first time in 2 yrs. Just a lil cranking and choke and it started right up.

Jeffd

hi guys, well i got this 1.5kw set running well. Went with 5w-30 oil to replace the fairly black oil that was in it. Tested it with a hairdryer and seems to be performing well. Will put a little stabil in the gas in hopes to keep the gas from turning bad. My next project is to get the 3kw running. Removed the carb and the rest of the fuel system today for a good cleaning. Decided to drain and remove the plastic gas tank on this guy also. There was all kinds of chunkies in there. I'm almost 100% sure the fuel pump is toast on this guy. Anyone have any spare 3 kw parts available? Also looking for an oil filter adapter that will let me use a screw on filter instead of this pain is the arse canister one currently on.

As i mentioned before, i'm in ontario canada and saturn is not an option for me here. So if you have a few spare 3kw and even parts for my 1.5kw i would be interested in hearing what you have available. Not sure if this is where i should be posting parts i'm looking for.

thanks, Jeff

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks