• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1 day pickup?!?!?

Skullmaster

So I just wont a truck from Mitchell, SD on thursday. My payment just cleared today (monday) Called the location about an hour ago and was told that the guy is only going to be there this wednesday, I told him that was not going to work since I can not get a day off of work in only a days notice since I would have to ask for it tomorrow... who's work can do such a thing?!?!? anyhow, so I asked the guy, what about next week? He says he has no plans to be there since he takes care of 4 states worth of Govliquidation. He then procedes to tell me that i only have 10 days to pick it up. He says I can call him wednesday and he will see if he can get someone on site to help me, but he gave no guarantees. Anyone else ever had an issue like this?!?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact headquarters to complain. That should be 10 of the days he is onsite.

I had a simular issue with a site in Kansas. GL was only there once a month. I was able to pick the item up on the second month.

Skullmaster

I think I am going to wait and see how wednesday plays out, I am thinking he pawns his work off on the military guys quite often so lets hope that how it goes. If it dosent work out then I will be calling right away wednesday to headquarters

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Call the office NOW to alert them of the situation.

If things go wrong and you didn't inform them, its your own fault.

glassk

Load by appointment only within 10 business days of a paid in full invoice

A business day would be the next ten times he is at the site,

tell 'em I said it would be OK

Plugugly

Regular army helped me with my last pickup, no GL on site. The army guy was great to work with, the GL guy couldn't be bothered to email my paid in full invoice until I was actually strapping the M105 to my trailer. Despite several phone calls over the five days between auction close and my pick up.

I wouldn't be too worried if they give you a base contact and no GL is onsite, they are just going to need the paperwork. Maybe someone local can pick your item up? You can designate someone else if there is someone close with the time off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks