• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 bolt wheels

redneckracerx

I'm in the market for5-ton super single wheels to run 16.00-20 michelins. I came across a set of 7. They are the 2 piece 10 bolt style. My first question is will they work with this size tire? Second, is the price good?

jwaller

yes they will work just fine. thats the combo I have. you didnt mention what the price is but anything around 200/wheel is normal. if you need tires I have many 1600's I need to sell.

M1075

redneckracerx said:
I'm in the market for5-ton super single wheels to run 16.00-20 michelins. I came across a set of 7. They are the 2 piece 10 bolt style. My first question is will they work with this size tire? Second, is the price good?
Ideally, you want 2 piece rims from the M939 series 5 tons (A1 or A2 models). FMTV and HEMTT rims can work, but are not the best choice. For the ones you are looking at, how many bolts hold the rim together, 10, 12, 16 or 20?

guner51

RE: Re: 10 bolt wheels

you guys are talking about two piece rims, so does anybody got the nuts for these that hold them together?
I got 10 rims but don't have any nuts.

jwaller

RE: Re: 10 bolt wheels

seco in augusta, ga has the nuts. I just had to buy some. they are the real deal part but they are about $10/nut. you could use grade 8 from the hardware store for about $1 each.

dma251

all they are is a 3/4" flanged frame nut with a black oxide coating on it. They really are nothing special.

What's special is the darn valve stems - they are tricky to find and rediculously expensive if you do.

Cdub

dma251 said:
What's special is the darn valve stems - they are tricky to find and rediculously expensive if you do.
I had to replace the valve stem on my spare and Yes, it cost me big $$$......

Each of the four combat wheels I dismounted the tire from did have the bead lockers inside them.

seya,

C'dub

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yep, I broke a valve stem on one of mine when I was installing the CTIS valve! Argh. I got one from Winslow. There is a company that sells the OE ones. I found it by Google'ing the P/N. I think 1075 found a supplier too. They aren't cheap anywhere though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks