• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 ton 6x6 M125 differential brake handle??

WhoMe08721

Hey guys,

Can some one tell me what the differential brake handle dose in a 10 ton 6x6 M125 and how it works???

Thanks
-Chris

Capture.JPG

deuceman51

Locks one side or the other of the rear brakes to allow tighter turning. Similar to how tractors have 2 brake petals for turning in muddy conditions. I've used one before on an M123 and it definitely can make it turn a little tighter.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or if you pulling/hauling something very heavy in the rear it can give you a very short term way to steer the truck if the front end is very light!
KK

fasttruck

It is also a poor man's posi traction. I remember push it forward and it locks the left rear brakes, back is right. The applicable -10 manual describes its use. More if get one side in mud and spinning: brake it until the other side pulls. Not especially designed for
steering like some farm tractors.

fasttruck

The relevant TM is 9-2320-206-10 Section 2,paragraph 2-6 and it does state that the differential brake can be used to assist in turning the vehicle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks