• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 ton axle ID from truck picture. ?

Excuse Me

Hi all. Firstly I'd like to mention what a great knowledge resource this site is. One does not realize just how rare the information is about these vehicles and equipment untill one goes looking for that information. Well guess what,...probably 5 of 10 google results point to this site. I just want to say thanks again for all the unselfish sharing of info you folks do here. I am a very, very novice, in fact I dont even make novice staus yet, at this military equipment thing. Thanks.

Ok, I've done a couple searches of the site and found very close information to what I seek, but not quite there. Of course, I may not have entered the right phrase in the search box, as I am still missing a lot of the proper descriptive words for the military vehicles, but I'm learning.

I found this 10 truck at Ranchers Supply in Lamar CO. If someone can point me to the brand and model of the axles, and possibly the t-case in this rig, I'd sure be greatfull.
Are parts still available for these vintage axles and how might they compare strength and dimension wise to the newer M911 Oshkosh trucks?

Thanks for any information.
Don.
clip_image002.jpg

Excuse Me

Is'nt that a truely incredible site? I've been reading there for............jeez, I dunno, months, and still have only scraped the surface of what is there. Robert is basically a neighbor of mine as his operation is just "over the hill" from me in Columbia county Oregon. I am in Washington county.

After reading some of the history that Robert has shared, I sent him a picture and serial number of the Austin Western grader we just bought last week. He instantly made a nice page about it and put it on his site.

Here's the grader just for fun
VanNatta Roadbuilding

Where my confusion comes on the trucks and axles, is that when searching for info, I get the idea that several companies were invoved making the same truck(s). So I am confused as to whether a Mack would have the same axles as a AM General. ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks