• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 ton cargo truck

ihmopar

I remember years ago reading in military vehicles mag that they made around 500 10 ton cargo trucks. They had a feature on JUMBO a cargo truck restored by a guy, that was later for sale in the same mag. I was wandering if anyone on SS new of or own a 10 ton cargo truck or know more about them. I remember JUMBO was a gas truck not a diesel.

CatMan

10 Ton M125 Cargo Trk

You have a good memory! I helped Tony in Milwaukee with that truck. I don't know were it is know. When those 14:00X24 tires tip over - get out of the way!

The story goes that most of the M125 10 Tons went to the South Korean military.

There is more to the story. There was a Minnesota NG artillery unit that had them and they were surplused from there. So there have been some in the upper midwest from time to time. That is where the truck called "JUMBO" came from. Several showed up on a GSA sale in Minnesota about two years ago. There were in rural fire service. We located the original cargo beds after the sale.

Currently there is one truck being restored in south central Wisconsin. There is another one in collector hands in Minnesota. And we know of a third one in Southern Wisconsin (that is for sale). PM me if you are interested.

And yes, unlike the M123 tractors with the Cummins diesel, the M125 cargo trucks are all powered by a big throbbing Vee 8 LeRoi gas engine. And they sound wonderful.

Some people confuse the 5 Ton bridge trucks that had 14:00x24 tires with the M125 Cargo. The M125 is a much bigger truck side by side.

Cat Man

avengeusa

that is my dream truck right there, someone needs to post some pictures so i can have a better mental picture of them while daydreaming, unless derby would dig one up somewhere :)

littlebob

that is my dream truck right there, someone needs to post some pictures so i can have a better mental picture of them while daydreaming, unless derby would dig one up somewhere :)
There are pictures here somewhere. I want one when I can afford it. It's been a long time since I've seen the pic's in a thread.

gunboy1656

That was a good write up, I loved reading it. but I saw a few years ago where someone re-ran the exhaust through the fender instead of out the back.:cry:

Still would love to have one.

66bug

Banned
CatMan
Speaking of a good memory. Tony did 99% of the work himself on his truck. And you are NOT the other 1%! Do not take credit for stuff you never did! And next time you see Tony i am sure he will remind you of that. And he even did 99% of the work on the truck after this truck also. Or who knows the man himself might chime in on this one. What will you say then?

mil125

Jumbo m125 ten ton

JUMBO is still alive and well in Stuats Draft Va. Still has the 844 ci gas engine and is driven to shows in the area. It is aGREAT truck, in the process of installing a cargo cover. I will post pictures later.