• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 ton cargo truck

AMGeneral

Welcome from a former member of the 10 ton club mil125,glad you're here!!

I don't know if you remember,but we met at Aberdeen this year,I was driving the 915A1 on the back row towing the M109 trailer owned by neil hendrix here.

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
JUMBO is still alive and well in Stuats Draft Va. Still has the 844 ci gas engine and is driven to shows in the area. It is aGREAT truck, in the process of installing a cargo cover. I will post pictures later.
Here are some more pics of your truck...back when I owned it! Enjoy!

Attachments

troca

Very happy to hear that "Jumbo" is doing well and is being enjoyed by owner and viewers. That was quite a project but very enjoyable and worth the time and effort IMHO. Followed by a 543A2 wrecker that was gorgeous when done and several dueces in between. Always looking for something new to learn, an Alvis Stalwart came later (never forget the looks swimming in Lake Michigan, wonderful vehicle-not for the faint of heart to work on) and now fooling with an ex rescue Unimog 1300L, among other things.

Not very active with MV's anymore (Wisconsin sucks), but a great comunity and it's important to see new people picking up the banner and keeping these vehicles alive as they are able. I will always be grateful for the friends I made and the experiences shared. As for those who helped me in my projects they know who they are, I certainly do. Tony W. Roca

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those that just have to have a 10 ton, and have more money then sense, I know of one in the Augusta GA area. Not sure of the model, but it looked to have a winch right behind the cab.

rcakitty

Friends

Even the one that 'helped' you get injured?!?!

Very happy to hear that "Jumbo" is doing well and is being enjoyed by owner and viewers. That was quite a project but very enjoyable and worth the time and effort IMHO. Followed by a 543A2 wrecker that was gorgeous when done and several dueces in between. Always looking for something new to learn, an Alvis Stalwart came later (never forget the looks swimming in Lake Michigan, wonderful vehicle-not for the faint of heart to work on) and now fooling with an ex rescue Unimog 1300L, among other things.

Not very active with MV's anymore (Wisconsin sucks), but a great comunity and it's important to see new people picking up the banner and keeping these vehicles alive as they are able. I will always be grateful for the friends I made and the experiences shared. As for those who helped me in my projects they know who they are, I certainly do. Tony W. Roca

tobyS

I think I know of one in Indiana in a tractor configuration (if my memory is correct). I thought I was looking at a bridge truck because of the 14.00's it had but then I noticed the rim was larger (probably the 24"). I have some NDCC 14.00 NOS so was looking for rims to fit the 5 tons but found the ones on that truck were larger. Now I know I would need the entire suspension for such a change out to the Bridge truck rims. I think it was gas. I'll check it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks