• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 ton gets home sick!

Dirt71

I bought back one of my tractor's I sold to a logger in Panama City a couple of months ago. They broke something in the engine and then let it get away from them towing it out of the woods and it rolled down a hill into a bolldozer. That's why the front end is bent up. So I got a donor truck from the same company the Ol' Rusty gasser came from. I put batteries in it and went to spin it over, it spun a couple of times and stopped as if it had water in it, but when I started looking into it I realized that the intake manifolds had oxidized on the inside so bad that they were full of poweder, so when I spun the engine over it sucked a pile of this oxidized powder down which resulted in bending a valve. So I will have to pull the heads to repair it. they also have another 123 down there that I hope to have here next week. and between the two I hope to have a good engine to put back in the one I got back from Panama City.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Dirt, you are the M123/M125 king. :D

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Uh oh, another 10-ton on it's way to getting a new lease on life. If any more M123 series trucks end up in your shop, Dirt, Florida will surely sink into the Atlantic. :)

XanRa

such abuse, it seams loggers are becoming more and more renown for it, but its not usualy there fault ethier.... risks of the trade and the stresses that come with it, but its all in good taste

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks