• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 Ton GOER Wrecker

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
This is not a for sale add or a give away add. It's a help me save a piece of history request.
Some of you have seen the M553 10ton GOER wrecker I got from AMG here on SS.

When we (CAMO) had our little museum (MV petting zoo) the GOER had a useful place in life.
We even got her running (with AMG's help) and driving/stopping. Just needs some cooling issues addressed.
Anyhoo...the museum was closed about 3 years ago and the GOER is sitting...and sitting...etc.

If any of you know of a museum (and I don't mean a fly by nite self owned one) that can use this piece of history I am willing to donate it...and I ain't worried about a tax right off or amything else. I just want her to have a good home where she can be seen/enjoyed.

I have some folks looking for a place for her but it never hurts to ask around.
Heck...the Digger Thingy ended up at Camp Pendleton!

Just so ya know...there were 117 of these 10ton wreckers produced...not counting prototypes...and this one has serial # 1 on the data plate.

I REALLY want this baby to go to a good home where she can be enjoyed by some good Americans rather than sitting under a tarp in my compound.

If you can give me a lead, please do, but don't send me any BS PMs asking for a price or for pics etc...cause it ain't gonna happen.

Welder Sam

have u considered the museum in ock? 45th id museum i think it is. a great group of professional people on a real tight budget.

i misspelled okc...... geez.. thats like not knowing the number to 911

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Here's some vids Uglyranger posted on youtube:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Q_5X8-lnQ[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzBsC3HkXtQ&feature=related[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkxS1tTeSMg&feature=related[/media]

F18hornetM

Not sure, but isnt there an Army transportation museum around Virgina beach????
pretty neat looking, Looks like Caterpillar took a Pan and made a MV out of it

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Not sure, but isnt there an Army transportation museum around Virgina beach????
It is at Fort Eustis, VA. museum

The GOER would be in good company there.....I went to BNOC up there and visited the museum.

The Viet Nam guntruck "Eve of Destruction" is on display there.

They even have the vehicle Papa Bear drove at his first duty station in the Army (see pic).

Attachments

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It is at Fort Eustis, VA.museum

The GOER would be in good company there.....I went to BNOC up there and visited the museum.
The Viet Nam guntruck "Eve of Destruction" is on display there.
They even have the vehicle Papa Bear drove at his first duty station in the Army (see pic).
Well...at least ya didn't post a picture of a chariot this time!!:beer:
I'm gonna ask em if the want her WM...ya just never know who wants what!

It's up to ole fools like me and you to get stuff where it needs to be.:beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB, too bad you are so far away, We'd take it.
Ya know what...the CA AF folks come over here to drop troops and certify pilots...that's how we got the Digger Thingy to Camp Pendleton.

Do your homework...make your contacts and make it happen...if ya can..she's yours.:beer:
If ya don't have Military ties it ain't gonna happen though.

tcody

Try the Veterans Museum in Huntsville. They do good work and may have a place for it. Randy is a good guy.

zout

If PB would head South a bit - plunk it in the Gulf - head through the Panama Canal - head up the West Coast a tad - he could be there by Sea in about ahhhhhhhhh couple yrs from now.

dittle

Ft. Eustis is taking in quite a few pieces of equipment right now as they are expanding some of their displays. Heck, they even just took a M60A3 and a M4A3 for display from our museum. Definately contact them as I'm sure they would want it. If you need some help getting contact info PM me and I can probably get you the info of the guy we have been dealing with when sending equipment out to them.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd agree Army Transportation Museum in Ft Eustis. Just 40 miles north of Va Beach. They also have the only surviving Gun Truck. Only thing is, it would probably be outside.

poof

Dirty Hippie
This post just took all my breath away... Now Ill never get one...do you know where Museum stuff ends up when they get better stuff.. its sent to the Basement of the Pentagon, and stored with the "Arch of the Covenant".. what happened to the ARMY troop transport Train cars that were at FT. Eustis.. things that end up in places like this are welded up and shackled inplace.. never to be mobile again.. no more Parade Videos.. nothing .. just a dusty, snowed on, sun beaten , paint color of the year exestince , on blocks and picked over.
Send it to Wisconsin.or a state like it, that has no weight and size restrictions for operation on road. where it can still live and be seen in Parade and on internet Video..
J.P.

wdbtchr

I can't remember where it went, but if nothing else works out how about the Patton Museum? They have a lot of room and other big stuff.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wheels are turning, In touch with some heavy trans guys I know :beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks