• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 Ton HEMTT LHS and M1076 PLS Trailer

paradeduty

While the wife and I were traveling for the Christmas parties this year, I couldn't help but stop at the Armory in Ishpeming, MI (Upper Peninsula) and snap some pistures of a 10 ton LHS and trailer all set up with a couple of SUV's on their backs. Just kidding guys! It was pretty cool. At first, as I drove past them, I thought it was a 10 x 10 PLS - but it was obviously the 8 x 8 LHS. Interesting trailer tongue configuration. The PLS trailer that I have has an extendable tongue, where this one has what looks like a tongue extension "kit". Don't know if this is necessary for use with the LHS or just an early version trailer. Also cought a cool FMTV (?). Enjoy.

Dave.

Attachments

sandcobra164

Not super experience with these Dave but if memory serves correct, when you have a M1076 connected and you're ready to drop the load, you disconnect from the trailer, drop the flatrack on the truck, reconnect to the trailer, grab it's flatrack, load it on the truck, drop the trailer, and then drop the flatrack. Reconnect to the trailer and get back underway. I've only dealt with single truck carried flatracks but I have seen other's pulling M1076 trailers handle loads in this manner.

FWIW, I like that NG unit's style. I'd get my tail kicked by my unit if we left the HMMWV's still loaded on the truck and had not parked the trailer and of course separate the M1076 from the LHS as well. I know that sounds pretty backwards and I agree but we get our instructions from an institution that insists that we drive with our headlights ON in the daytime for "Safety" purposes but we drive at night with them switched "Off" to gain an advantage on the enemy. Common Sense left the argument long ago and is no longer allowed to be interjected into "meetings".

doolest

I know that sounds pretty backwards and I agree but we get our instructions from an institution that insists that we drive with our headlights ON in the daytime for "Safety" purposes but we drive at night with them switched "Off" to gain an advantage on the enemy. Common Sense left the argument long ago and is no longer allowed to be interjected into "meetings".

:funny:
that totally cracked me up...yet seems to make "sense"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks