• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 Ton M123 and M15A1 Trailer

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Dirt, you never fail to impress us!

Dirt71

We ripped out early Friday morning and made it about 40 miles outside of Jacksonville and had a flat. The weather couldn't have been worst, cold, raining. It stopped us at 7:45 and didn't get back on the roaduntil 10:15. But the rest of the ride down went good. I ended up getting the Best of Show award which for me was very cool. I met a great bunch of people at the show. I look forward to going back next year. My goal is to have my M125 completed by then. Drove home today in just over 3 hours. 130 miles no problems truck ran great. 260 mile round trip, burned 60 gallons of fuel which is just under 4 mpg.

Attachments

SixSpeed

Banned
It was nice to meet you & check out the truck! Its really gorgeous. Props for making the drive as well. All of the individual components on a 10-Ton are very unique. You get a real appreciation for them when you get to poke around one.

Pete's 5 Ton is the only thing that makes that 123 look somewhat normal!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that's a big, old design engine with a LARGE truck to have it move. Back in the day, when gas was 40 cents a gallon the military really could give a mouse's butt about mileage. Nowadays, they consider it a bit more when designing vehicle specs.

Great news on the win, Dirt71 ! The spare tire change must've been a PITA, but the show win makes it all worthwhile.

nkawtg

Best in show sounds about right! As much as the 5 ton looks somewhat normal next to the 123, the 712 looks positively puny next to it :shock:.

What was the fastest sustainable speed you could go during your trip?

Dirt71

Best in show sounds about right! As much as the 5 ton looks somewhat normal next to the 123, the 712 looks positively puny next to it :shock:.

What was the fastest sustainable speed you could go during your trip?
I kept it between 40 and 45 which in turn kept the rpms around 26 to 2700 rpm. This Cummins V8 300 is good to about 3100rpm.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Welcome to the BFR School of Economics...

Personally I think that is pretty good especially when you compute it as MPGPP (miles per gallon per pound:cool:)
For instance, that thing weighs about eight times what my Jeep weighs, yet it only uses 5 times as much fuel. Ironically it weighs about 10 times what my accord weighs and uses 10 times as much fuel. So... a 10 ton is as efficient as a honda and more efficient than a Jeep.

That is all, there will be a test laterrofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks