• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

10 Ton M125 Repaint

Dirt71

Finally got going again on my M125. Dismounted tires, installed brake drums and slack adjuster's, disassembled brake chambers to clean and inspect. I was very surprised how clean the inside's were when the outside's were so dirty and rusty. Also going through and replacing the pinion seals.

Attachments

Dirt71

It's not much but I got the assembly for the hitch put together today minus the hitch, still have to blast and paint it. Also installed bracket's for the bed and blasted front and rear drive shafts and brake chamber parts.

Attachments

Dirt71

Finished up the hitch today. I had to have my boss machine a new bushing for the backside. Sorry, I forgot to get pictures of us loading the massive spring that is behind the 6 bolts.

Attachments

Stalwart

Nice attention to detail, looks to be going smoothly and methodically at this point. I'm going to have to follow your lead and do some axle detailing on the HEMTT, yours looks just too good.

Dirt71

Installed brake chamber's and lines today. My next move is to sandblast wheels and mount tires and this thing will be rolling. :jumpin: But I want to put all new tubes and flaps in and that is going be a little pricey.

Attachments

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dirt...this is like following a really good mini-series. I can't wait for the next episode. There is never a hesitation when I get my email notification for 10 Ton M125 Repaint to click on it.
This truck is nothing short of magnificent. Always, thanks for your posts. Looking forward to a YouTube vid. when it is road-borne....

Last edited: