• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1008/1009 frame stiffners and engine frame bracket kit

Jeepadict

As I've mentioned in past posts, I'm a Squarebody kid...so my joys are found in increasing the versatility and resiliency of my "old trusty rusty bucket'o bolts"...of which the CUCV world has given me much to ponder on.

2 items I've recently come across that peak my interest are some stiffner/reinforcement kits. I vaguely recall the stiffners had something to do with the ability to crane the trucks on/off a rail car, but I have no knowledge of the engine brackets.

Might any of you wealth of knowledge individuals be so kind as to give me the finer points of the meaning of life to these gizmos? TIA

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

cucvrus

I seen them engine bracket kits before but NEVER on a CUCV. Not sure what the point would be. Did an engine fall out?
I seen many of the frame flange stiffener reinforcements. They were not on the earlier model CUCV's. It became standard about midway thru the 1985 model build year. I still have a set of them on a front frame section. I hope that answers your question. Thank you.
DSCF6390.JPG
DSCF6391.JPGDSCF6393.JPG

Last edited:

andyh1956

Gotta remember what we're dealing with here, the Fed Gov.
Somebody's bro in law needed a Job!:naner: Create a solution to a non existent problem.
Man, I sure miss our dancing bananas over at the M14 Forum...:mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks