• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1008 turbo 400 kick down connector leaking.

Broncoman

So the wire connector that goes through the side of the case for the kick down wire is leaking. Does the pan have to be dropped to get the connector out or will it snap out if pulled from the outside?

cucvrus

The pan must come down. That is snapped in place from the inside. I can get a picture if you need a picture. I have a parts transmission. Somehow I just can't picture this transmission and transfer case worth anymore than parts. Shame it was just rebuilt last winter during plowing season. It is amazing what a rock can do at 55MPH. Snap a Dana 60 in half like tinder wood. DSCF6384 (1).JPGDSCF6382 (1).JPGDSCF6392.JPG

Broncoman

Ah a little welding and it should be good as new. Sorry to hear that, that’s hard to look at. Thanks for the info on the connector , I was afraid you had to release the clips from inside. I’ll just get everything for a filter change and do it all at once.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks