• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1009 water pump / timing cover leak

southpolie

I started to replace my 1009 water pump and realized on disassemble that my leak is not from the pump but from a hole due to corrosion on the timing cover. I have a hole about the size of a pencil eraser in the timing cover right up against the block on the passenger side next to the coolant port.

I can't seem to find replacement timing covers in the parts stores. Are they still available? I did see some "timing cover repair sleeves" but not sure this is what I need. Anyone have any experience with repair or replacement?

Shop Rat Fab

user ID equipmentpartssales had them listed in ePay but I do not see them listed curently. Send them an e-mail with a part number for it and they will look for it I did that with a tail lamp lens assy. Try a GM dealer.