• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1009 works for its keep today

ranchhopper

The fall weather was so nice today I went out and cut a load of firewood for next seasons heating. I was really impressed how much these 101 trailers will haul it was full of red oak and cherry both pretty heavy wood. Went out to unload and let the dogs enjoy the day outside too now to muster up enough energy to finish splitting it and stacking.

Attachments

ranchhopper

You need to have a couple "privates" or "grandprivates" to handle that for ya.:p
I have a couple of grand privates and a daughter willing to help but schedule conflicts have been a problem I just got in from splitting the whole load Im going back for another tomorrow weather permitting. Back surgery a few years ago really makes getting wood a literal pain but I enjoy it and need the exercise plus twenty dollar a month utility bills in the dead of winter make it worth it in the end.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice Kevin! Splittin it doesn't seem to be the hard part! How many tons is that one? Stacking it? Yeah, that's always fun! LOL
God bless,
Tony

ranchhopper

Nice Kevin! Splittin it doesn't seem to be the hard part! How many tons is that one? Stacking it? Yeah, that's always fun! LOL
God bless,
Tony
Its a twenty ton splitter I usually use a maul because its faster the hydraulic splitter is for the knotty wood. I have twenty face cord stacked now there is a hundred face cord at the horse farm Im working at cutting right now later on Im just going to cut and split out there and load it up on the 813 and bring it home in bigger loads.

donalloy1

How does M1009 handle that trailer? Heard it will overload 09 and rip bumper off. I like your setup but proceeding with caution. Thought we were to stick with smaller jeep trailers.

ranchhopper

How does M1009 handle that trailer? Heard it will overload 09 and rip bumper off. I like your setup but proceeding with caution. Thought we were to stick with smaller jeep trailers.
No problems it being a 101 trailer I believe these were made for cucv size trucks Im sure if you try to use a 105 trailer you definately going to have problems stopping it with a load.

goodguyzy

Caution on loading of firewood. I was out a few weeks ago and I like to get a healthy load (full up to bows) The leaf springs has no bow left and were pretty much flat. Coming down the mountain about 10 miles an hour, 5 miles total down grade at 3000 foot elevation change the brakes were working over time and started smoking. Had to pin the surge brake and let the vehicle do the work. BTW this is a 101a2. going to change out the little shock, wondering if its to weak.

ranchhopper

Its pretty flat around here but thanks for the heads up the surge brake on this trailer is new and still pretty stiff you need a bit of braking to actuate the brakes. Im never in a hurry anymore I let the idiots in a big hurry go around me better in front of me than behind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks