• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1031 water leak in cab

Gov Junk

Hello all.Water leaking in cab from under dash after rain.Not a heater core leak but water running down toeboard inside truck on both sides.My guess was windshield rubber,but it appears to be fine. Anyone else noticed this? Truck had 15,xxx original miles on it and both cab corners rusted due to water collection.Thanks for any input.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the kick panel vents.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes

Keith_J

That grill at the base of the windshield is a large gutter, it drains into the fenders through a short down spout. It will dribble onto the kick panel vent.

If you remove the kick panel vent and use a garden hose, you can see this down spout. Using aluminum flashing, make an extension 4-6" long. Then glue it into place with contact cement/silicone sealant etc. It will be invisible.

Gov Junk

This water is running down across the toeboard {firewall inside} from fuse box to heater core location like the windshield is leaking.Sorry for the confusion.

wes935

My M1009 had the same problem. When I had the windshield replaced about a month ago, it was noted that a small hole had been drilled on both sides at the lower corners of the windshield under the rubber seal. You can lift the edge of the windshield rubber at the lower corners to see if the same was done to your 1031. Just seal the holes with some silicone sealant and that should fix the problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks