• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

105 fuel trailer

snakeater

Ok tell me if this is in the wrong place, but it pertains to my deuce, so i put it here.

I had an idea today and wanted to run it past you fine gents for raking over the coals.....errr, I mean your opinions. I think it would be possible to outfit a 105 trailer with a storage tank for WMO, and the filtering system to be used on road trips and camping trips. Here is the thought. Have a filter system setup to fill the tanks in the trailer ( I think you can haul 100 gallons without hazmat). Filter it again as it is used to fill the truck tank. run everything on 24v and plug directly to deuce for power source. That way on longer trips, you could stop by say a truck stop and fill up on their WMO and pump in directly into your filter/holding tank then fill the truck and continue. Seems it would make travel pretty economical and your whole filter rig would follow behind you. Plus I am sure there would be room in it for other essentials. thoughts? Snakeater

grounded

Banned
that would probly work. I like to use them IBC containers (but i got a forklift) they hold 275 gallon and are 4' cubed. I can slide it in the front corner of my deuce. ITs outta sight outta mind from DOT and anyone else for that matter when the cover is on. Is right by my fuel tank cause its in the front pass corner. I can still camp'sleep in the deuce. And allows me to still keep the 105 trailer empty to haul whatever i may need. but thats my 2cents

snakeater

I considered that, but i was more interested in a permenent solution to the refueling. By using a trailer setup, I could go around town here when I am at home and pickup the wmo and have a seperate fueling station persay. Then use it as a tag along on trips. I didn't like the idea of having it in the truck wherever i went. I have a bobbed deuce, so bedspace is at a premium. I too would cover it in the trailer for an out of sight situation as well.

papercu

You might want to check your state laws on road taxs and with that much you may even be charged as a seller without licenses. With states hurting for tax money you can expect more checking. Wayne

snakeater

dot regulates the transportation of fuel on the interstate. I believe that vehicles are allowed to transport either 100 or 150 gallons onboard (semi tractors) before you have an issue with taxing a fuel. I need to read more into it for sure to find out what is actually legal. It may be 150 gallons total, which includes what's in the trucks tanks. But i still think it is a solid concept. Snakeater

papercu

Carrying untax fuel is not the problem, using any untaxed fuel on the highway is the problem.
Here is one source I found on the net:
Taxes on biodiesel in the United States vary from state to state and in some states (Texas, for example) have no tax on biodiesel and a reduced tax on biodiesel blends equivalent to the amount of biodiesel in the blend, so B20 fuel is taxed 20% less than pure petrodiesel.[21] Other states, such as North Carolina, tax biodiesel (in any blended configuration) the same as petrodiesel, although they have introduced new incentives to producers and users of all biofuels.[22]

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If all you are hauling is WMO it is not considered HAZMAT (I was a HAZMAT hauler for many years).
If you are mixing the WMO with gasoline to use as fuel and hauling over 100 gallons you need to placcard the vehicle in case of an accident. The first responders don't like surprises and if there was a fire they need to know what to spray on it.
I am going to put my 275 gal "tote" in the bed of my 3/4 ton trailer and use it to store my WMO and veggie (stored in 5 gal cubies). I will have my filters and pumps stored in it also.
It will be my POL (petroleum, oil and lubricants) trailer and will prob be pulled to rallys.
Just my 2cents

Stan

Wreckerman said,
"""It will be my POL (petroleum, oil and lubricants) trailer and will prob be pulled to rallys."""

It would be a retired military guy that thinks in acronyms. LOL

Lonesome715

I see I am not the only one with this type of idea. I to plan to run my deuce on WEO when I get home. That is one of the reasons I wanted one. The tax laws are a real concern, not to mention the supply of WEO. It will not be long before it becomes a commodity and you have to pay for it. Just like WVO did in several areas.

Lonesome715

Different people call it different ways. I was taught there is a difference between engines and motors. That does not mean either way is wrong, just diiferent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks