• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1078 A0 door handles

Ned81

I got my truck with Chevy s10 door handles without locks. I’d like to replace them with locking door handles. Does anyone know if the gen 2 handles will work? I know the doors would need to be cut but I’m hoping they would be an easier install than the trimark ones some folks have used.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced mine back in July of last year with the trimarks and it was a major improvement over the a0 style I had. Here’s a picture of the total back from June of last year from Austin hardware where I got mine and one of the passenger side installed.

Attachments

Ned81

I replaced mine back in July of last year with the trimarks and it was a major improvement over the a0 style I had. Here’s a picture of the total back from June of last year from Austin hardware where I got mine and one of the passenger side installed.
Do you know if power locks will work with them? I assume the key lock prevents the handle from moving correct?

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On trimarks website it said they were compatible with keyless entry / power lock setups. The paddle/ handle will still be free to move when locked. When you lock it it just disengages the latching mechanism from the paddle. It’s labeled as a free floating paddle when locked.

Ned81

I have e seen this one. He is using the stock door handles. I have tried 2 different handles ( Toyota and Chevy ) with locks but neither will work with power locks on with the latches these trucks have. The trick seems to be that the lock will lock the handle and not the latch otherwise the key would have to be in the lock in order to let the actuators move the rods.

Third From Texas

I have e seen this one. He is using the stock door handles. I have tried 2 different handles ( Toyota and Chevy ) with locks but neither will work with power locks on with the latches these trucks have. The trick seems to be that the lock will lock the handle and not the latch otherwise the key would have to be in the lock in order to let the actuators move the rods.

Others have made it work somehow.

But if all else fails, get keyless handles for your power locks?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks