• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11.00 20's or 16.00 20's on bobbed M35

sermis

For thoes that have done a bobbed truck or might be planning a project. What would be best for a bobbed truck. 11.00 20's, 395 20s or 16.00 20's. ??? will the 395's or 14.00's mount on stock rims. I have the 16.00 20's but I know it will need some suspension work and I think the motor will be lacking even if turned up. I have enough rims to widen for the 16.00's. I have a source for some 11.00 20's cheep, maybe free.
I am wanting to do a 4dr with a 105 on the rear, short frame extention so I don't need to cut the bed.

M1075

RE: 11.00 20

I think 1600s are too big for a deuce. I prefer the 395s. Neither one should be used with a stock rim, although it is possible to mount them. You could run dual 1100s on stock rims. I don't think I have seen that done on a bobbed deuce. I have seen dual 900s.

sermis

RE: 11.00 20

What is the with of the 395's?

Anyone need some 16.00 20's Goodyear with the 3 block pattern? If I don't use them they will be up for sale.

devilman96

Pending your intended use of the truck ether 11X20 or 395's... The 11's will give you a lower gear for off road / mudding but a lower highway speed... The 395's will give more top end speed but will not spin well in a traction situation to clear the lugs of mud... Mathematically speaking the 395's are like having a 14% overdrive when compared to stock NDT's and will give you the best highway efficiency.

14.00 will fit but will rub and grind when you have flex, realistically a 2" lift is needed... 16.00 will fit with a 4-6" lift but both tires are to large for the LDT to turn efficiently.... 14.00's will run ok with the fuel up but your EGT will climb so fast that you will always be watching the gauge to know when to get your foot out of it...

20X10" rims are recommended for the 395's by Mil standard but in civilian apps a 20x12" is usually recommended for the size and IMHO gives them a much tougher look and better wear as the sidewalls are not as compressed...

BigWheelBob

El, I appreciate you putting up the pic, since I cant seem to figure out how to do it here either. This truck runs right at 60 mph with these tires . By the way, it is for sale, 8500.00. I have to finance the next project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks