• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11.00s on deuce rims

painkiller

ok here is this thing i have 11. 11.00 series tires with mil spec tread and i had a flat to fix on the truck and because of being pressed on time i just took it to a place where they plugged the hole and threw a tube in and the guy was saying 11.00s might not fit on the rims that i have so i have been hearing that i can put them on i have been hearing that i cant put them on... so if anyone has done it before or knows for a fact it will/ will not work any info on that will be greatly appereciated

Desert Rat

PK,
It's the 20 inch rim that's the important piece of information. Example: My 9.00 X 20 tires fit on my 20 inch rims. So do 11.00 X 20 tires. Reason? Both have 20 inch bead rims on the inner radius of the tire. Heck, if you could wedge them on the rear you could put 16.00 X 20 tires on. The main point is so long as the tire fits a 20 inch rim you'll be fine.

Marks Garage

I am putting them on my 20 inch wheels. They do fit. I can get them cheap on 5 ton rims but its a bear to change them. I pay a guy here to do it. Mark

mangus580

So you are saying a set of 11x20's will fit the rims that my 9x20's are on? We came up with this question over the weekend, as a semi local guy will sell us 11x20's for $50 each (about 50%). truck sure would look nice with all 11x20's on it!!!

also has anyone put hte 11's on just the front? and left the 9's on the back?

Desert Rat

Yes, you can put 11s on. However, put 11s on all the way around. If you have a sprage transfer case, it will continually engage due to the difference in axle rotation. If air, don't engage the front at all. Plus it will look very odd having the front higher than the rear.

deuceman51

If I get this right you said you are paying $50 each tire for 50% tread on them???? I have 80%+ tires that I want to sell in 11.00x20. South Dakota might be too far away, but if anyone else wants a crack at them I would like to sell about 15-20 tires. I have way too many and I can't use them all up. Feel free to email me.

rdixiemiller

My deuce came with a set of Goodyear 1100R20 street tread radials. The Army had converted the truck to singles and radials while at Ft. Benning. It rides like a dream on the radials, and they are mounted on stock wheels. They will fit with no problems. I believe McInfantry is running 1100x20 NDCC duals on his. It really boils down to personal preference, do you want 10 tires on the ground, or 6. Cranetruck also runs 1100 singles, although he scrounged one of the old wheel sets from an M135 I believe. They have a different offset, cannot run dual. They do look better singled out.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Larger tires can be installed in the front if all-wheel drive is not used, like Desert Rat says. My original cranetruck looked like this (see below). It was a '68 Navy International Loadstar, which was purchased locally in 1993. The HIAB crane was dated 1972.
This truck has larger tires in the front and smaller in the rear for a lower loading deck. It had no front wheel drive.
The deuce's front 900's are coming very close to being overloaded when the truck is equipped with a winch, multifuel engine and two man crew. Particularily at highway speeds.
1100' tires in the front solves that little problem.

Dual 1100's may look cool, but you end up hauling a lot of extra (unsprung) weight around. Even single 900's can carry the specified maximum weight in the rear.
I like the single 1100's all around and if you get the "singles" wheels, the track width will be wider too.

jasonjc

do the m135 have a differnt off set???
I thought it was just the hub fliped a round?

DR what would be a fair price for 11.00 i mite have some extars and some 12.50

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wheels used with singles has a different offset. It adds about 3 inches to the track width.
I have them on my deuce. They are listed in the -20P manual. Check with Memphis for avialiability, about $100/ea last time I looked.

Desert Rat

Jas,
Going price is between $25 to $40 in Houston depending upon tread depth and dry rot conditions. I'd need 10.

Trango

By the way,

with the aid of a tire crane, I put 16r20's onto stock deuce wheels, and then welded the split ring on. It's just for my buggy (offroad only!) and I would never ever do something that stupid on a truck that went over 20 mph, but just saying - you can pretty much fit whatever you want on a deuce wheel. :)

Bob

Desert Rat

Trango,
Um, er, by reading what you wrote, are you saying you have varying degrees of momentary lapses of reasoning? "I would never ever do something that stupid on a truck". Do I dare ask what you would do? [:)] [^] :lol: :smilewinkgrin: :tongue: :turn: :roll: