• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11:00x20 duals on Deuce with snow chains

JSBIRD69

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've searched until I'm bug eyed, but I cannot find out if I can run snow chains on a Deuce with 11:00x20's in dual configuration. :confused:

I need tires on my Deuce and have the opportunity to replace my 9:00's with 11:00's, but, they are useless to me if they cannot be run with snow chains.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

Jay

JSBIRD69

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for taking the time to reply BPD, but in reading the posts you linked, I have been unable to find any info about 11:00x20's on a Deuce with snow chains.

I am aware that snow chains are available for 11:00x20 tires...but that's not my question.

In spite of searching for hours, I have still been unable to find if I can run 11:00x20 tires on a Deuce in dual configuration, with snow chains, without interference.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jay

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for taking the time to reply BPD, but in reading the posts you linked, I have been unable to find any info about 11:00x20's on a Deuce with snow chains.

I am aware that snow chains are available for 11:00x20 tires...but that's not my question.

In spite of searching for hours, I have still been unable to find if I can run 11:00x20 tires on a Deuce in dual configuration, with snow chains, without interference.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jay
Have been running chains on my single 1100 set-up without interference for years, with duals there shouldn't be much of a difference. Chains don't actually add that much to the diameter. At the very least, a single type chain can be installed on the outside tires.
Patrick (OPCOM) ran dual 1100s as can be seen in this image on his deuce...

Attachments

hklvette

As long as you make sure that the chains are snug, they shouldn't give you any problems. I am strongly considering buying a set for my M35 after I get a cab heater installed.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish I could give you a definitive answer but, I've never run chains. Just as a previous poster mentioned, you would have to keep them snug as clearance will be tight. Likely could run them on the outside dual ok. With that said, I have switched all my trucks with duals to 11's and would not go back to 9's, NDCC or other types.
I hope someone can tell you for sure if you can run chains on the 1100 duals.

Attachments

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can get pics or measurements if you like, but I can't give you an answer. I don't think I'll EVER need chains.

mojeeper

I dont know Ive been shoveling all this "global warming" out of my driveway all winter and im in west tennessee. Im not all that old but i cant remember winters having this much snow and ice in a season
we have had about 18 inches in the last three weeks here in northwest MO but no ice thankfully

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, it's been COLD here lately too. Lower 50s. Sucks to have to look for a jacket once in awhile.

LMK if you need pics or measurements of a deuce running 11.00 x 20s.

wilber

What if you single chained the inside on the front tandem and outside on the rear tandem? That way you aren't running chains against each other.

JSBIRD69

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Going for it!

After reading these replies, going over some PM's from SS members, as well as more research of my own, and I've decided to drop the hammer on this deal and go for the 11:00's.

I would like to give many thanks to all who took time to reply, and hope I can return the favor sometime.

After making a recovery run to pick the 11's up, and getting them mounted, I will post pics with the final chain choice I've made, hopefully to benefit some other SS'er.

:beer:

Jay

Flyingvan911

I think the threerailer chains would be the best for dual rears. We just had 6-8" of snow in Kansas City last week and I have 9.00 NDT's without chains and I had no trouble.

saddamsnightmare

January 25th, 2011.

ALL the 11:00X20 NDCC's need to run in snow on the rear of the truck is a set of three rail chains for each wheel set. HOWEVER
you won't be allowed to run through Illinois with them on, as they will make our already bad roads worse!:D

jatonka

I'm late on the answer you were looking for but Here goes: You can run single chains on the out side tires, NO TROUBLE.
You will not be happy with dual tripples (Three railers) they will hit the spring mounts real hard and tear themselves off in a hurry if you are using 11.00x20s. And, probably wrap pieces of themselves around the brake lines, and then you have no brakes. JT out