• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11.00x20 inner tube: Bias on radial

Titanium Soldier

Hows it goin everyone! OK so i picked up a set of 11.00 tubes to install on my 395s, Problem is i cannot tell if they are bias or radial tubes. i know you shouldnt use bias tubes in a radial because of sidewall flex and heat making them blow etc etc, but as we know these tires are rated at 10k LBS + per tire.... about the same weight as the whole bobbed deuce they are going on so i dont see a problem with sidewall flex as they are extremely stiff. From what it seems on here, some people are running the original 9.00 tubes... which are old, bias ply, and way to small and they seem to do ok. What do you guys think? would an (assumed) bias tube work ok for this application??

VictoriaBCBoy

I work in a tire store. It sounds like you know this but you can use a radial tube in both radial and bias tires, but you shouldn't use a bias tube in a radial. Due to that fact we don't stock bias tubes it just doesn't make sense. look at the size marking on the tube (if any) if there is an "R" in the size (eg. 11.00R20) you are good to go. I really can't see a bias tube failing on you.

Oh also look for ANY inspection tags/stickers inside your tire. Be sure to take them out they WILL rub and put a hole in the tube.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thats a pretty small tube to put in a pretty big tire. I guess they don't make 1300/1400r20 tubes for a reason.

Titanium Soldier

Thats a pretty small tube to put in a pretty big tire. I guess they don't make 1300/1400r20 tubes for a reason.
ur right, but i got them for next to nothing and seems like many people are using them without problems....... its also a pretty big tire for such a small rim. I guess they dont re-center HEMTT rims for a reason. Trying to make due with what i have available gimpy

VictoriaBCBoy

I think they do make a tube that big. If you go to a tire store and ask they should help. It will be in the industrial/ mining books. Even just online I found a listing for a 13.00/14.00R-20/21 on some "exel" site. I will try and remeber to check tomorrow when I'm back at work.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
They do make them as that is what I used. I understand working with what you got, but putting the rims with those tires is bad enough work. When you have to take it apart, it is even worse! I wish you luck that none of the tubes go bad and you have to swap them out.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've posted a link on here a few times to a source of reasonably priced tubes.

they make specific size tubes for a reason, they size them like they size tires.

Just get the proper tube for your tire, WTF!?

VictoriaBCBoy

Ok I checked and they do make 13.00/14.00R20 tubes, which would be more apropretiate for a 395/85R20 tire. They have two different valve stem options so you have to make sure you get the right ones.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks