• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11.00x20 on a 9.00x20 wheel?

jh1990

just out of curiousity I was wonderinf if an 11.00x20 will fit on a deuce 9.00x20 wheel? the reason I ask is because i came across a website that has 11.00x20 and 9.00x20 tires and a set of 11.00's (10) was about the same as a set of 9.00's (10). is the 9.00 wheel too small for an 11.00 or is it too wide, or what? Thanks for the help guys.

jh1990

thanks yall, is there any problems with running 11.00x20's with a deuce aka a little less power because the engine works harder to turn the bigger tire or isnt that a factor? with running 11.00x20's you will get a higher road speed right? any clearence issues?Thanks again guys.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The difference in circumference is about 9%, instead of 55 you will go 59, and have only 91% of your tourque. It is barely noticeable since the truck isn't too powerful anyway. I have enjoyed mine very much, and I use them to at 55 to turn less RPMs, which is good for the engine. If you keep them aired up to 60+ LBS, there should be no clearance issues for duals and about 1" space between them. As far as axle to axle clearance or turning radius issues there are no changes at all. Here is a picture showing the clearances when used as duals:
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/mil/m35/11x20/11x20fit.html

jwaller

I noticed a slight decrease in pep and acceleration. but am happy with the swap. I did mine to turn less rpm's on the highway.

dmetalmiki

Look at deks pics..shows I run 1200x20 on m35 and 1400x20 on m54 ..leess noticable power?? , NO! ..better cruise less engine rpms & stress ..and better ride and steer +t urn circle IF you go "singles" as I have done on both M54 and M35..P.S. LOOKS GREAT TOO!

houdel

My (stock) Deuce rims are marked as suitable for up to 12:00x20 tires. I assume this applies to bias ply NDC/NDCC tires, don't know what is the max radial tire size. Maybe 12:00R20 or 14:00R20. Note that radials ending in .50 (i.e., 12.50R20) are generally SMALLER in diameter and wider than a comparable bias ply tire ending in :00 (in this example, a 12.50R20 would generally SMALLER in diameter and wider than a 12:00 bias ply tire by about 1/2 inch).

I have read of some people using up to a 15:50-80R20 on a stock Deuce rim, generally with less than fully satisfactory results. The 15:50 tires require some way to compress the bead to seat on a stock 7" wide rim, and often rub on the drag link during sharp right hand rims. That size tire is better suited to a 10" rim with the extra 3" added to the "bottom" of the dish, i.e. the lock ring side. This will prevent tire rub on the steering components, widen the track width, and, in super single configuration move the outer tire wall outward so the truck does not look so funky.

houdel

OPCOM said:
houdel said:
My (stock) Deuce rims are marked as suitable for up to 12:00x20 tires. ...
Please advise, where are such markings?
I'll have to check and maybe take a picture. As best as I can recall, the markings are visible on the inside of the wheels of the outside duals about half way between the bead flange and the wheel dish. Not a real clear description, but a good picture will make it understandable. -- Lee

Blythewoodjoe

Speaking of 11.00 tires I need, sorry make that want, a set of Michelin radials for bob the deuce. Used with around 50% is about right. Anybody know anyone near SC that would have 4. I haven't check with John Winslow or any or the NC crowd yet.

Thanks,
Joe Trapp

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks