• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11.00x20 Tubes & Flaps

dfanders

Gents,

We have just replaced 8 tires on a M52. We are llloking to get the spares set up with a single spare tire and some tubes & flaps. Can anyone suggest a place to get 11.00x20 tubes & flaps? I tried the website listed under old tube threads, but it is down ( www.innertubes.net)
Can someone tell me what a "flap" is - I don't think i have seenone before.

Any suggestions on tools that will be needed to change a tire in the field , assuming you already have the spare on , and you get a nail, and just need a new tube in...yes this has happened, so i want to be prepared.

Cheers,
David

rmgill

DAvid, try a commercial truck tire place nearby. You should be able to order them and have them in a few days. I bought all new 1100 tubes for my deuce and used those.

The flaps are probably just fine. I have several and it takes a LOT to have one fail. The flaps are just a rubber ring that fits inside the tire and separates the inner tube from the rim. Here's a site showing the assembly of combat rims which are divided disk rims. They're similar but different from the deuce/5 ton rims but more or less the same assembly. The key thing is how the flaps fit into the tire to prevent the tube from rubbing against the metal.

jasonjc

I had a flap chew up a new tube. Check them real well before reuseing them. As for tool you will need 2 lock ring tools and a bead breaking hammer or side hammer. A spray bottle with soapy water will help alot also.

One more thing, the tire shop I use alot will put a patch on the tire where the hole is. That will help keep stuff from getting in between the tube and tire.

Attachments

Last edited: