• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11.00x24" wheel and tire value?

Excuse Me

Hi all. A small sticking point of the purchase of an M920 I have lined up is the tires and wheels that are on it will not work for my application. I asked at the local truck tires shops if they would take them on trade for the ones I want. They will not. They wont even take them on consignement at their stores. They only offer to "help" sell them. They really wont even give a value to them as they say pretty much the only market anymore is another military truck owner.

So, I hope not to go angainst any forum rules here, but I would like to ask what might I expect to get from these? There are 14. Wheels and tires all go. The 4 on the pusher supposedly have never been set on asphalt. The rest have been told to have 1 to 2 thousand miles at most.............they say......:shock:

I have not been to this truck in person yet as it is in Colorado. The person I will purchase it from, I have done plent other business with and I trust him, so if things go well, I will buy it from pictures and description.

Here's a couple photos of the setup. I believe the manufacture date on the tires is 2004 sometime, but they supposedly have only been on this truck for a little over a year or so.

Thanks.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There are a lot of M916 and M920's going through the sales process now.

The 24"tires are not cheap so you should have some success pimping them off on another owner who is staying with stock tires. Shipping may be an issue since more of those trucks sell on this side of the country than out west.

markmontana

Ha- that third picture really shows how the mud flaps get messed up on the tractors! Check it out. (And get flaps lined up before you head out).

You won't have any trouble selling those tires. You might try Boyce- you could do a return trip right past their place near Salt Lake. Maybe he would trade for what you need.

Looks like a nice truuck.

spicergear

Id love a set of tires of a 920. But like someone else already said shipping would probably kill it.
Try a company called Unishippers. I use them for ALL my pallet shipping. Rates are probably better than one would think. Something that really helps pricing is if you're able to ship business to business and/or dock to dock. Lot of times I ship from a business with a lift truck so no lift gate truck is needed (extra $$$ for them) and pick up at the shipping dock on my end so it's handled less. I have the company I work for using them now for single pallet shipment or other LTL or special shipping needs

You can tell them Tom in Camp Hill posted the number.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
By simply clicking on the OP's user name, you can look at his profile.

Join Date 05-13-2010Last Activity 08-27-2012 15:04

I would not hold your breath for a reply. Maybe try PMing him. Or post a wanted ad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks