• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

11 x 18 Gamma Goat tires

M215

Hello,
I'm in need of 6-7 Gamma Goat tires for a CCKW project (running DUKW rims), any known sources? Reading back through the old posts did not turn up much info. Looked like Jack Tomlin had some years ago, but that is not an option anymore.
Thank you, Karl

1958 M274

Just as a FYI in case you aren't already aware, while they are the same size, Gama Goat tires are only 6 ply, where I think original WW2 DUKW tires were heavier...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, they were 10 ply iirc.

RDUKW

Chicago DUKW is the only place I can think that may have the wheels. They are getting hard to come by. I believe I have a set of the wheel spacers you will need to run those rims.

renovate7

DSCN0707.jpgDSCN0711.jpgI got 7 tires from Chicago DUKW. While they were NOS only 4 of them were useable and they have some sidewall checking. I put them on the rear axles and ordered 2 new tires from Coker for the front.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks