• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1100 Mile Recovery/First Deuce

100dollarman

WOW! Great recovery! Thank you for the story and pics! Very insprirational.

Right after I received your email saying that you made it, I got a call from another customer that made it home on a 500 mile run from my shop to North of Sacramento---- TWO sucessfull long range journeys in one day!

I always tell all of my customers that I cant make any guarantees that they will make it home without a problem (obviously). But after 50+ trucks driven out of the yard, I can attest to the reliabilty of these 30-40 year old Military trucks! Every one of them have made it to their destination without major incident! That really says something to me about these trucks.

Dude, I am stoked that you made it home, and that you so enjoyed your trip (adventure).

Thank you, and Congratulations!!![thumbzup]

Bobbed4x4

Banned
I know it's probably not a record or anything, but I do feel pretty good about my first time driving a deuce was on a 1060 mile trip to it's new home. Funny story today though.. The friend of mine that went with me to pick it up owns a truck stop here and has some extra property. We took the deuce down into this little spot and I noticed a nice steep 30 foot hill to climb up to get out, I pointed the truck for that hill, got close to the bottom of it, grabbed first gear and floored it. I heard a comment come from the passenger seat that I don't dare repeat here as my passenger grabbed for something to brace himself. The truck ROARED to the top and over into the parking lot... EAR TO EAR GRINS!!!!! I didn't have my camera with me, but I have got to get video of that and post it. My girlfriend can't understand why I wanted this so bad, and I can't think of why anyone wouldn't want one! lol.

2nd Lt. Barter.L.B.

I want one!

Gonna buy me one, the second I get LOOT from Canada!

Then I am gonna try and drive that sucker accross the U.S.A. and then up through Canada!:cookoo::driver:

I am already in contact with 100 Dollar Man too!:jumpin:
I hope to obtain a M35A3 and slap a M109 Box on it and make a camper. I want my Wife to be able to drive it, and she claims she will give me no PROBLEMS if it is an AUTOMATIC and then she can drive it to!
Will also be dragging a trailer too. :mrgreen:

Me WISH list........M35A3 or XM820 and last but not least M109a3:drool:

:grd:[thumbzup]

Last edited:

Bobbed4x4

Banned
While I was down picking my truck up at Hundy's compound, he let us take his A3 for a spin. Nice drving rig. That seat is way more comfortable than in the A2. The A3 seemed to like the 50 mph neighborhood for speed, while the bobbed A2 with the big tires was happy at 65 mph.

davidkroberts

and the IRON BUTT of the week award goes to..........:driver:

great recovery, good pics, a few comments from the peanut gallery, your on your way to a full blown addiction. Welcome to the club with the rest of us lunatics...LOL:cookoo:

I really like the truck, 65 in a military vehicle would scare me to death though.

Bobbed4x4

Banned
Lol, my rear sure didn't feel like iron when I got out of that thing. I had a wingman to help share the seat time as well. He actually joined SS and is currently looking for a deuce after he became infected with the green disease. I am looking for some more pretty green to dress up the neighborhood as well. A five ton and a CUCV would be cool. As soon as funding permits that is....