• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1100x20 G177s on a Deuce...

rmgill

So I've just finished putting the set of G177s on my M35A2. What a difference. Steering is easier, way more traction and the ride is clearly a touch softer.

60 PSI on the rears.
90 PSI on the fronts.

Steering is a bit more touchy and probably doesn't have enough understeer but it's not bad on the highway. I'll have to figure out how to flip the shims I guess. How to support the frame while I have one of the U-bolts loose is the question.

rmgill

And yes, I'll have photos soon.

A comparison between an old NDT and a new G177.
407032_10200458808285838_528545507_n.jpg

Oh and yes, Ill be ordering a set of nuts to swap out for the thimbles.

Last edited:

welldigger

Play with the air pressure in the front. Might help with steering twitchiness. Looks good. I'm a big fan of singling deuces.

bigginstactical

I think those are what I'm going to go with on mine. The xmls look awesome but alot of work and money compared to just putting these on the old rims. Looks sweet and I'm glad to hear there is a noticeable difference. Are yours gov liq? or did you buy new?

91W350

I put a set on one of my deuces and my results were very similar. Not quite as good as the XLs in the mud, but much nicer on the road.

Ford Mechanic

What's your actual road speed at 45mph indicated by the speedo? What's the rpm at 55mph road speed? These work out to be 43inches correct?

91W350

I never checked, I very seldom run over 2200 and preferably not over 2000 rpm. No threat of a speeding ticket at those rpms. 43" is correct for a Goodyear with like new tread.

rmgill

I'll have to check with the GPS. I could do 66mph at redline with the 1100 NDTs.

At Monsterbash this past sunday.

8786_10151692019299882_1971551696_n.jpg

270187_10151692019254882_966680689_n.jpg

91W350

We get 150 for like new ones on 5 ton wheels. They need to be broken down and remounted for a deuce, but that is much cheaper than you can buy flaps and tubes for if you just buy tires.

sandcobra164

If your Deuce is twitchy after switching to radials, please take the time to search for Gringletaube's answer in a thread started by MDMorgan when they put the 395's on a Deuce. If I were a "Search Genius" I would link it in my reply. Long and short of it, undo U-bolt's on 1 side of axle, place jack on spring pack or frame, jack truck up, remove shim and grind the trailing edge down about 5/32" of an inch. This will provide more positive caster and will work wonders. There are some that redrill the shim in order to reverse it. It works but some question the process as it creates a little bit of a problem with the angle the U-Joints experience on the front drive shaft. Grinding fixed my problem and I run 70 PSI in the front and 50 PSI in the rear. I should probably drop my rear pressure some as it's only riding on the centers but I'm still dualed on the rear. I tried lowering the front but the sidewall's sagged some around the 50 PSI mark and it just seems right with 70 PSI in those.

rmgill

Hmm. I have jack stands for this weight. The trick is finding enough cribbing. We have a mess of good cribbing in PA with the Humber at Jim's shop but not down at my place in Georgia. Hmm.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks