• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12/24 lights?

will led lights work for both 12 and 24 volt ?i like the look of the but on my drag the local parts house says the same light wont work has to be a the same 12 volt buld for 12 and 24 for 24 its just a light emitting diode right . so it should not matter?

mangus580

Some will, some wont.

Do a search, someone found a very specific light made by 'Blazer' maybe?? from Walmart?? that they were able to use. I dont recall who it was, but I am pretty sure they were using them on a trailer.

tmbrwolf

If you can find bulbs rated for 24V they will usually work fine on 12V also, 12V rated LED's will burn out on 24V, I'm using the Trucklite composite lamps on my M101 trailer, rated at 24V, I tow the same trailer with my M37 (24V), M882 (12V) and ford expo (12V) with no problems and they are plenty bright 12 or 24V.

These folks show a 1156 bulb in 24V http://www.superbrightleds.com
I would think it would work to replace the 1683 turn / brake bulb, I didn't see a24V bulb that would replace the 623 taillight bulb (I didn't dig around the site that much either).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks