• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

$12.500 for m1083

Status
Not open for further replies.

319cssb

Im being offered a 1997 m1083 mtv with 21.k miles. Looks to be in good condition.
is that s good price in your opinion?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at the GP auction results for 1083s, that appears to be 2X the ave selling price.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It is a broad opinion based on something we can't see.... Would i pay that much for one? No. Especially if it was not an A1 truck. Just check the govplanet past auction history and ones in the base model have sold for 4000 to 12,000 with most being in the 6 to 8500 range. It also depends on location and shipping factor into cost.

The one on Ebay that was being sold right by Ft. Campbell sold for 10,500 and it looks like he did nothing to it even after getting it off the base lot. He bought it for $8500 of gov planet plus fees/taxes.

https://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/...sort|d+asc,mf|1&rr=0.09091&hitprm=&pnLink=yes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stewart-St...vip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you think it’s a good deal then it is. Auction is cheaper but way more risk. If you buy something on Gov planet for 8500 bid price you will have over 10k in it after taxes and auction fees.

319cssb

How is it then that a m1078 sells for 23.k and a much better truck is not worth that much?
Are people worried about the CDL?

coachgeo

How is it then that a m1078 sells for 23.k and a much better truck is not worth that much?
"Much better truck" is also relevant to the buyer.... example.... what tires are on the MTV for sell. If they are the Michilen's instead of MTV's; your looking at 2 to 4 grand on tire replacement alone.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They are probably A1 trucks with C7s is why they sell high. The motor is worth 10,000. And it has to do with location location location.

snowtrac nome

I will say this in my mind the a-0 units are worth more you know they will always stat and run all you have to do is start buying fuel components for the electronic engine you will see what I mean 6 grand for a heui pump, 6 grand for electronic injectors, and if you have the c-7 than you have to pay some one to reprogram your ecm for the new injectors. heui system failures are far more common than most realize. I would pay more to get they straight 3126. I should add this comes from someone who works on cat, cummins, and cornbinder engines daily. I will opt for the mechanical diesels over an electronic model any day.

scottmandu

I will say this in my mind the a-0 units are worth more you know they will always stat and run all you have to do is start buying fuel components for the electronic engine you will see what I mean 6 grand for a heui pump, 6 grand for electronic injectors, and if you have the c-7 than you have to pay some one to reprogram your ecm for the new injectors. heui system failures are far more common than most realize. I would pay more to get they straight 3126. I should add this comes from someone who works on cat, cummins, and cornbinder engines daily. I will opt for the mechanical diesels over an electronic model any day.
I bought a HEUI pump for a C7 from Cat a few months ago.. $1600.00. Injectors are approx $300 each with core charge.

I'd prefer a fuel injection problem over a dropped valve of a 3116 any day.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never ever believe something on ebay sold for the amount shown(when sold).

If you need it for what it is, then it is worth it.

If you want it for a toy, then it's up to you.

If you don't have that much disposable money for a toy, then no it's not worth it.

319cssb

Any vehicle i purchase,i buy with the ability of selling it with a profit when i am done with it. Im not really interested in tous, it has to have a fuction to me.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I saw a 1995 m1078 sold on ebay for $23.k
and a HEMTT out in Oregon sold for $40,000 and was relisted 4 days later again. Just cause it sold doesn't mean it sold. People bid things up and then back out of the deals all the time.

Then again if stupid has money he will buy whatever he wants.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Any vehicle i purchase,i buy with the ability of selling it with a profit when i am done with it. Im not really interested in tous, it has to have a fuction to me.
Buying with the ability to always make a profit isn't always likely. so you buy a 1083 today or a 1078 and in the next year the DLA starts sending out tons of them to be liquidated, like they did the M939 trucks and selling 200 to 300 trucks a WEEK and you won't make any profit for at least a few years. This happened with the M939 trucks as they were selling so many they were worth more cut up for parts than whole and a lot of the trucks were fresh out of rebuild and just had been parked on lots. Granted the LMTV/FMTV trucks won't be fresh rebuilds like all those 939s were but they could flood the market.

The 939 sales happened until the end of 2015 with lots of trucks being sold every week. Truck prices were in the 2500 to 5000 range for decent trucks and now on the private market they are anywhere from 8 to 15k even more. Just depends on the buyer. As the stockpile diminishes the prices will go up. some of us kick ourselves for cutting the whole trucks up back then but it is the way it goes. There was no profit to be made back then on them other than for parts.

On note of this. I paid $2500 for my M923A0 it had 3 hours and less than 10 miles on the ODO out of RSMS rebuild. With what I put in it if i was to put a pricetag on what I would take for it. Around $30-35,000. Would I get it, probably not. But If i sat down and added up all the receipts and man hours I put into it you would think it would be worth that. But it just depends on the buyer and what they want. My loggers will spend $8000 or so on a 5 ton M931 tractor that needs some work versus buying a M1088 LMTV for $5000. Mostly cause it has no use to them so the market for the M1088 is slim for customers like mine so I could not buy one to make a profit.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So will i be avle to sell a m1083 for 12.5k in the next 3 months?
IMO. No. It being an 3116 truck knock it down a lot on value in my opinion. More and more show up at auction nowadays that compared to a year ago at this time I would much rather have a 1084 over the 1083 if I was to buy one.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I doubt i could get a m1084 for 12k
I know of 2 that sold at in the past 60 days on Govplanet and Govdeals. 1 went for 5500 and the other for 8500. Both were decent trucks and with small stuff like batteries/PM service they were both fine.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw a 1995 m1078 sold on ebay for $23.k
I just sold a '98 M1078 with A/C, new tires, and an almost NOS cargo cover (plus loads of extra parts including 2 new mounted tires) for $14k so whoever bought that one for $23k overpaid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks