• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12-Bolt Beadlock questions

I didn't balance mine and it drives ok. I'm running Dually front wheels with 37s and my m1102 take offs until I can get my wrecker bed installed and then it'll have all Dually wheels on the rear with 37s. None of them are balanced. I drive it 35 miles one way to work when I don't want to unhook my gooseneck from my Sunday truck.

Brett

1StumpJumper

FWIW, I was apprehensive about purchasing the TWF inserts due to cost. I am very glad that I purchased them instead of wasting time sourcing the material and fighting fitting them up. Nice machining and well worth the money.

Last edited:

richingalveston

I second the pvc inserts if you do not have hutchinsons. TWF pvc inserts are high quality. hutchinsons are flexible and easier to get installed, but cost more.

I would run steel spacers if you can get them. Or just check the aluminum ones for torque often until you are comfortable with them.

I would use 12 to 16 oz of any quality tire beads if you can't get centramatics. The centramatics you need are $299 for the set.
most of the balance beads are going to cost from $80 to $150 for all 5 tires depending on brand you choose.

I would not try to recenter my own rims if you still know the person that did your custom 20's then I would take them there.

you can probably get the rims, tires, spacers and balancers for less than the cost of 5 name brand off road tires (35 to 37 inches tall) that would fit the stock cucv rims.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks