• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12 pin NATO trailer plug adapters

quickfarms

here you go but the trailer will need to have bulds or leds that can handle 24 volts

ADAPTER-NATO 12 PIN VEH TO 7 BLADE RV TRAILER

ADAPTER-NATO 12 PIN VEH TO 7 BLADE RV TRAILER - Trailer Repair Parts

Memphis equipment has an add on page 30 of the December 2011 supply line for a solid state voltage reduction box that looks like it will allow you to tow your 12v civilinan trailer with a military truck. they do not state weather the 12 volt plug is the round pin commercial ot the rv blade. you will have to call them for details

rizzo

I bought my 24v LED lights from 2 different places on Amazon. AT the time they were the cheapest. I use them mostly with 12v and they are a little dimmer, but not too dim in my opinion.

Welder Sam

Ive gotten 5 tan sets frm ebay. 3 sets were $20 i think, 2 were $80. They all work like a top.its bee my plan to replace the 12v trailer lights with multi volt leds from the start. Keeps my options open:driver:

RyanGriffin

I think one could sell even more if they were priced at about five dollars. The problem is the cost to make, cost to inventory, cost to sell, and the opportunity cost (profit) is more than that. The great thing about our country is that free enterprise allows anyone to make a product and price it as they see fit. If the price is too high, they will never survive. Others will find a way to do it cheaper!
I thought "opportunity cost" was the cost incurred from doing one kind of business rather than another. I have never heard it described as "profit".

panshark

After 3 years, Ryan Griffen speaks. For what doth it profit a man, if he make a 12 to 7 harness, if, after traveling to market, he returns with an empty purse? Ought he to have better made 6 spinner wheels of a cubit and a half high, after the fashion of olive drab? Then he could justly spin his wheels, after his deuce lay rest at his home. That, my friend is how opportunity cost is measured in profit. Also, I'm working on a theorem which correlates the Laffer curve to deuce pimpness.

RyanGriffin

After 3 years, Ryan Griffen speaks. For what doth it profit a man, if he make a 12 to 7 harness, if, after traveling to market, he returns with an empty purse? Ought he to have better made 6 spinner wheels of a cubit and a half high, after the fashion of olive drab? Then he could justly spin his wheels, after his deuce lay rest at his home. That, my friend is how opportunity cost is measured in profit. Also, I'm working on a theorem which correlates the Laffer curve to deuce pimpness.
A hybrid of Middle English and Black English Vernacular?...How droll.

Opportunity cost is not profit. Profit is calculated by total revenue minus opportunity cost (or the alternative returns forgone by using the chosen inputs, i.e. the 1.5 cubit spinner wheels.) Instead of writing it as "opportunity cost" (profit)", which suggests the terms are synonymous, it could have been written more accurately as "opportunity cost (forgone opportunity to obtain profit)". So, rather than opportunity cost being "measured in profit" as you suggest, it is profit that is measured in terms of opportunity cost. In the future, you might consider letting M1075 speak for himself.

BTW, who is Ryan Griffen?

panshark

heh, actually it was a play off of Matthew 16, which is out of the ultimate how-to manual. sorry about the grammar, the only upper-level English class that I took when get my degree in ECONOMICS was medieval literature. it struck me a bit odd that your stats show you joining this fraternal forum in 2010, but with only one post on the board (focused on possibly poor word usage?) Back to the trucks we love...I checked out this thread because I got into a bind, those dang magnetic lights blew off the trailer on the interstate. Some 14 gauge wire, a handful of butt connectors and 2 zip ties, and I was able to rig what was left of the magnetic wiring into the 12 pin plug. So, if I've got that plug and the destroyed wiring loom tied together on the trailer, should I be OK with the blue butt connectors, or should I swap em for some bullet connectors?

RyanGriffin

heh, actually it was a play off of Matthew 16, which is out of the ultimate how-to manual. sorry about the grammar, the only upper-level English class that I took when get my degree in ECONOMICS was medieval literature. it struck me a bit odd that your stats show you joining this fraternal forum in 2010, but with only one post on the board (focused on possibly poor word usage?) Back to the trucks we love...I checked out this thread because I got into a bind, those dang magnetic lights blew off the trailer on the interstate. Some 14 gauge wire, a handful of butt connectors and 2 zip ties, and I was able to rig what was left of the magnetic wiring into the 12 pin plug. So, if I've got that plug and the destroyed wiring loom tied together on the trailer, should I be OK with the blue butt connectors, or should I swap em for some bullet connectors?
If you have a degree in "ECONOMICS" (is this supposed to be shouted?), I would have expected you to have a better grasp on opportunity cost. Who cares if I have been a member for three years before leaving a comment? I joined the forum so that I could gain permission to see links, pictures, and diagrams, not to hang out and leave mundane, unhelpful comments. Most of the threads I visited were very helpful and I had nothing to add to the discussion. Referring to the Bible as the "ultimate how-to manual" is certainly interesting, but falls a bit flat on an atheist. I can think of a number of verses that I hope never get used as a how-to. For the record, I wasn't trying to be an ass by questioning M1075...I just wanted to clarify the meaning of a term. Maybe it was a bit pedantic, but hardly worth your truculent prose.

As far as which connectors to use? That is up to you. If you plan on removing the lights from time-to-time (which I assume might be the case, as you were using magnetic lights), I would use the bullets due to their ability to be easily connected/disconnected. I am not really sure where you are putting the connectors (are you simply splicing the broken wires?), so I don't really know what would be best. As far as I know, there isn't much difference in resistance or any other factor that would matter between the two.

panshark

since the thread discusses harness adapters, this is what I came up with in a pinch. I was able to stop in at a Napa, and grab some monofilament 12v bulbs to swap out. I had remembered that the taillights on the truck were a bit weird in how they were grounded, so I had my father in law splice in 4 ground wires, 2 running light wires and then right/left brake wires. he was able to get a cell signal while I was loading firewood, and we got it wired up nice using just the four-flat wires straight into the plug. I got lucky with those blue butt connectors, they snapped onto the trailer pins. no chassis grounding oddities like the truck. next up will be figuring how to make brakes work with a civvy vehicle.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks