• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12 volt accessories

joshua180422

So I know that it is possible to hook 12 volt accessories into the system because I did a search; however no one has stated how. So can any one explain it to me? Also I thought maybe it would be possible to add an additional battery like a marine battery and maybe hook it into to charge when the truck is running and maybe even a solar panel on it. Now I am not an electrician, I am just a grunt with more time riding in the back of these than working on these. I will totally expect some mechanic to tell me this is level 10. Lol.

Overdrive

There is also a 12v un-fused stud mound (as well as a 24v and ground) on the left side of the Power Distro Panel in addition to the 12v wires already provided. Also, you can run your own battery taps/fuses off of the batteries if you know your way around a multi-meter. The way the batteries are wired you can tap them for a 12v source just make sure you check your volts when wiring things up. I don't see the need for a 24v converter with the several options you have to run either 12v/24v on the LMTV.

Overdrive

I will check tonight if I can otherwise Friday sometime on the threads. I know the bolts that hold the lower cover on the PDP fit into the ground tap (although too long) but the 12v is a bigger size.

I did the mod everyone else is doing installed a 12v outlet into the lower panel using the already supplied 12v wires with ground. Must have wired the outlet wrong because it wouldn't power up my GPS. I only used one of the two 12v wires that were crimped together using a O connector and switched it and the ground to blade type connectors. The length is perfect stock to connect to an outlet if you position it correctly on the lower panel. Will snag a pic later.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If you look at the 2 rows of breakers the 12volt feeds are in line with the 12v tap and the 24v feeds in line with the 24v tap. You can go underneath and add a breaker to an unused location. I have the plastic tabs that hold the contacts in on the underside. Some of the 12v stuff is already switched with a relay controlled by the truck main power switch.
Will

Overdrive

Ah so you can install a 12v relay in an unused spot... perfect for adding stuff switched to the main power switch. I am also planning on adding a couple of things off the live 12v stud so there is always power without using the master switch like work lights.

Thanks Suprman.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks