• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12 Volt to 24 Volt step up power supply question

WECSOG

I have a 1986 M1009 CUCV which was converted to 12 Volt operation before I bought it. Recently I bought a complete AN/VRC-47 radio set. I forgot that the radio set needed 24 volts.

So now I need to convert 12 Volts to 24 Volts. I'm not sure of what type of step up convertor I need and what Amps and wattage would be necessary.

Do I need any other type of "filter" or just a step up power supply?

Converting back to 24 Volt is not an option.

Pic's of my set up.

Last edited:

87cr250r

NewMar specializes in this. They are a commercial duty option so expect to spend $400-800 depending on the size of power supply you purchase.

Furuno has similar products.

Check Mouser if you know more about what you need.

WECSOG

I really need to figure out the maximum amps and wattage requirements this set up needs and how much over those requirements I need to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks