• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12bolt run flats with 24bolt rims

jrpontiac

I just picked up some 24 bolt rims and inserts. My plan was to leave my current 12 bolt rim inserts in the tires and swap the rims. Will this work. My new inserts are 3 piece aluminum inserts. Mfg 6/2015. I looked around a little bit on the web and didn't see any pictures of them. I guessing my current inserts are the rubber kind.

Attachments

Last edited:

richingalveston

I think it will work but I believe if you run the inserts the 24 bolt ones are much better to run. Less weight and balance much better.

I don't have any but I did research them when considering to use them and that is what I learned. I also learned that I do not need them.

Others may know more.
Rich

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never seen those run flats...the military uses 1 piece rubber run flats in all newer 12 and 24 bolts rims. They act as a head lock as well.
the 8 bolt rim uses a magnesium 2 piece run flat, not for use in the newer rims.

jrpontiac

I watched them dismount some new mtr tires from them. Must be the most current version runflats. As mentioned mfg date is 6/2015. Rims had never been mounted on a rig and tires were new. Seller wanted the tires for his 1/2 ton chevy. Had no use for the rims.

richingalveston

I would try them, so you can give everyone feed back on the site.

Looks like you are the first to run across them.

They look like there would not be much of a balance problem with them.

rich

Jeffmcclan

We moved tire and one piece run flat from old 12 bolt wheel to new 24 bolt E wheel. Installed new seal. Don't know about multi piece run flat in picture.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks