• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12ft M-35 cargo bed weight

waayfast

Hello all!
I am considering a recovery using my commercial truck to haul my new toy home.Thinking of taking the 12ft bed off my M-35 gasser and installing it on the Freightliner for the trip.The problem is that the tractor I have available to change out the bed is kinda small (and trying to be sure the whole package is legal crossing scales).
Looking on here to find out the weight of a M-35a3 12ft bed without the racks/ bows /cargo cover.
And, yep the mighty 1957 Utica-Bend M-35 is indeed a Gasser (way too slow and thirsty for a 3900mi round trip) but the bed IS from a 1993 M-35a3.I wouldn't think there would any difference with a "newer" bed but thought I would throw that out there.(yep did a search). Thanks in advance for any help. Jim

jwaller

this is funny I was just sitting here wondering what it weighted as I was going to pull mine in prep for blasting and painting.

waayfast

Thanks for the replies--for what I'm trying to do and what I have to do it with, the weight doesn't seem to be a big problem.I think from what I see here(thanks folks)that if I called it 2000lbs I'd be safe (front end loader capacity/legal combined highway weight).
Now how to come up with the time and money for the trip!:roll:
Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks