• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12V compressor

DFD2010-A

Hey all, new to the forums here so I figured I would throw out my first question. I have an M1009...86' with just over 9 grand on the odometer. I was looking to put in at 12v compressor with some air horns for a little fun. I didn't know what kind of problems I'll run in to with these trucks being a 24v system. Anyone have some insight on this? Tips or knowledge is always appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

K9Vic

These are not 24volt trucks, they are 12volt with a 24v starting system only. Everything on the CUCV is the same GM 12v truck other then the 24v starter and any military accessories. There will be no problems hooking up any 12v accessory as long as you hook it up to the 12v side of the battery.

Attachments

DFD2010-A

great thanks for the quick response and info! I've got a long road of rust repair, bodywork and paint ahead of me so I'm sure I'll be back with more questions. Thanks again!

OL AG '89

What brand of horns are you putting on?
I've been considering a set of "train horns".......
The people I drive around don't seem to see the truck .......
I think its the camo..... figure I could get their attention with a short blast...
maybe they would stop texting, talking or eating long enough to pay attention.....:jumpin:

DFD2010-A

Ol AG, I've been looking at model 1510 Grover horns (same as those found on the majority of fire apparatus). Yes it is the same truck as listed in the classifieds, looking for a bobbed deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks