• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

**12v conversion issues/Starter & GP Bypass**

fullthrottle46

**12v conversion issues/Starter & GP Bypass**

Hey guys. I have an 86 M1008 and the previous owner took out the 24v and bypassed the GP and added a push button starter. Turnt the ignition on, Gen 2 lights up, hold GP button for 15secs and then press started button and boom!

It work for a while, I rarely drove it until our big move recently and the damn thing died 5 miles from my shop after a grueling 995 miles. The starter ended up being fried and I’m in the process of replacing it... and I can’t get the starter to fire unless I Arc it with a screwdriver to the post closest to the block. I’m at a loss here....

Power is coming from the positive bus on firewall to the starter.

Power coming into the cab is from that resistor that’s above the glow plug resistor to the push button starter switch

The other connection on the push button starter switch goes directly to the solenoid post closest to the block and I have no voltage there.

I really dont see what I’m doing wrong? I’m connecting it exactly how they had it prior and obviously something is wrong. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

MarcusOReallyus

Need more pictures so we can see ALL of the wiring, from the front battery to the rear, then across the firewall.

This time please rotate them in software so that we don't have to crane our necks to see them. XnView is free and easy to use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks