• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12v Deep Cycle Battery Set-up for Camper on 24v '68 M35A2

n1vbn

Just do like most drivers do add about 5 or 6 rubber bands (your local postman is the best supply) around the sunvisor and PRESTO!!! Instant cigarette, receipt, pencil whatever holder.

Another good spot is the gearshift lever, I.ve seen other drivers use a hose clamp to clamp a soup can to the gearshift to hold items. KISS principle applies here.

reblawyer

I'm taking a look at a 10 amp 24 to 12 voltage reducer to put a charge on a seperate 12 volt battery to run the 12 volt items. Seems pretty simple right, I'll let you all know what goes wrong first.

Rattlehead

You can use a 24 to 12 converter to power things directly, but they would not do so well to maintain a battery. Ideally, a battery should be brought to around 14.5v, held there for 30 min or until the amperage draw is fairly low to be fully charged. Then the voltage can be dropped back to about 13.5v and held there indefinitely. If you discharge a battery and then only put back in say, 13v, it will never fully recharge and lead to sulfation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks