• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12v headlamps in a deuce

ICAT

i ordered my hella lights from autozone. $80.00 and they matched summitts price and i paid no shipping cost. The bulbs i ordered off of ebay. $5.00 a piece plus shipping. About $100.00 total and they look good.:-D

HASSON1911

Well, it looks like you figured it out. but what i did was some $10 flood lights. (6 of them). wired them into series through toggles. then straight to the battery and they all work fine. Even better than the Mil. headlights on high. But it doesn't take much to beat those. Then to protect the lights wiring and batteries i through in a 25amp in-line bus fuse. All said and done probably 3-hrs. and all <$100. Plus i might not have the range of those "fancy" lights but hey i do have 180 degree area lit up in the front.:-D

ICAT

Any hobby cost money. If you watch your budget, ASK QUESTIONS, and lession to those that have been doing this awhile, you can have your "Green Iron" and not break the bank:driver:

steelandcanvas

School teacher makes 42,500 to start where I live.
Gets 18 holidays, plus 92 days off for summer.
Go Figure.

End of rant.
Don't turn this into a mud slinging contest, or I'll delete this post, and no one will have a clue what we are getting bent over.
Since I quoted you, your post will be here until I or a mod deletes it. With that said, your post is way off topic.

Has anyone figered out a way to use 12v headlamps in a deuce without rewiring the truck. I was thinking about resistors or a reostat the get it down to 12v. I can't find a headlamp under $50.00 bucks.
If you really want to use 12v bulbs Radio Shack sells digital voltage regulators. Use one for each bulb. If the regulator alone can't handle the amperage the regulator can control a Selenium Control Rectifier that can.

The finished assembly will be smaller than a pack of cigarettes.
Cost should be less than $20.00.
Use military wiring connectors and a bit of wrinkle finish paint and the installation will take 2 minutes and appear to be OEM to the untrained eye.

I got headlight bulbs for about $15.00ea about 6 mos ago. I'll try to get the vendor's info on here in the next day or two.
I stuck his receipt in the box with the spares I bought.:razz::idea::razz::idea:

My M817 has the ones with the wires made onto the bulbs. The ones this guy sells don't have the wires. Soldering my wires to the new bulbs was a "piece of cake".

The seller didn't mention a difference in wattage (brightness) but they might be just a bit brighter/whiter than the OEMs were.

Just got the info; www.mikeschevy.com
Mikes Chevy parts 818-346-0083
7716 Deering ave.
California. 91304
I believe I met him through an ebay auction. I needed 2 and bought 4. I think it was a "pairs only" auction.

e

Last edited:

ICAT

I had my wife order 24v bulbs off of ebay for $5.00 apiece but I can remember the vendor. I'll have her check tonight.

bajajoaquin

School teacher makes 42,500 to start where I live.
Gets 18 holidays, plus 92 days off for summer.
Go Figure.
So I take it that you make less, get less time off, and you're bitter. Isn't it funny how comments can say more about yourself than they do about the intended target?

I like the voltage regulator idea: It keeps most of the wiring harness intact.

Darwin T

:popcorn:
Any hobby cost money. If you watch your budget, ASK QUESTIONS, and lession to those that have been doing this awhile, you can have your "Green Iron" and not break the bank:driver:
my mom was a teacher when i was young. i was just joking (about the saving money part not your job) and was not trying to stir the pot. i started with one truck (M109a3) and now have 3 more (two M35a2's and an M1028 with a dodge maintance bed). i have led lights on 2 of my deuces, a set of 11.00x20 tire to replace the 9.00x20's, an M-66 machine gun ring (current project), fuel burning heaters front and back (future), a fording kit (future), radio and intercom gear (future) and an add on receiver hitch for my M109a3 (installed). my living room looks like an auto parts store. none of this was cheap, but like the hair color ad says "i am worth it"

i have almost no mechanical skills, i can plug and play enough to get by (i got a great mechanic). it just looks to me like more work and money that 24 volt bulbs. some people just like the projects (and i am one of those people). i have a headlight project in the works (getting parts), if it works like i want i will post some picture. if not shhhhhhhh

ICAT

Here the link for the 24v headlamp bulbs
had to delete the link, sorry

Last edited:

ICAT

first off, woops. I guess i'm not suppost to post active auction so I am sorry about that. I'm going to revisit the forum rules because it has been awhile sence i have read them.

Second, I used the Hella 7" headlamps. you can get them almost anywhere and they fit perfect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks