• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

12V M105 Trailer Lights - My Solution

Blacksmoke

Thought about this for quite awhile, and read plenty of posts - how to leave the 24V system in place but still be able to have 12V lights when towing with my pickup. So I bought a new set of composite tail lights for the deuce since the old ones were a little faded looking & mounted the lights off of the deuce next to the original lights on the M105A2. The extra lights are now 12V & are wired to a 7 pin RV plug, with a female socket mounted inconspicuously under the frame. Then I have a pigtail from that socket to the truck socket - the same setup I have on my hay wagons - no cord to get torn up if not in use. So now I can use either lights or both when pulling with the deuce, since it has an RV plug for civvy trailers mounted on it. The lights look original & only a purist would notice the difference. And anyway, the original trailer lights are hardly adequate for driving on the highway.

Just packed & checked the wheel bearings on the trailer. I want to get this thing licensed so it can be used.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's simple. Just fix an adaptor to plug the big trailer plug to your pickup. The 24v lights will work on 12v. They won't be as bright but bright enough. I've done this and it works fine. I like your fix also but with my adaptor I can hook onto any military trailer with my pickup and have lights.

Last edited:

Blacksmoke

Yes that's true M16, but the original lights are very small in the first place & would be even less effective if they were dimmer. I just wanted to have better lights & will probably add some side markers too.